Our website address is https://alyssajhoward.com.
The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refers to this website, alyssajhoward.com. The terms “user,” “you,” and “your” refer to site visitors, customers, and any other users of the site.
Table of Contents
Personal Data Protection
What Personal Data We Collect
Information You Personally Provide – This would include your e-mail address, name, etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to send you our weekly newsletter and other additional resources.
Information We Collect Automatically – When you access our website, we may automatically collect information about you, including Log Information. We collect log information such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web request, access times, pages viewed, web browser, and links clicked. If you use our website via a mobile device or app, we may also collect information about your mobile device, including device ID, model and manufacturer, and location information.
Information From Our Partners – We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. Our partners include MailerLite, the Amazon affiliate program, Google Analytics, Social Warfare, and Askimet.
Information We Collect From Other Sources – We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our website. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site; we may also collect information about you when you post content to our pages/feeds on third-party social media sites.
Use of Personal Data
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, improve, and promote our products and services;
- Provide and deliver the information, products, and services you request and send you related information, including confirmations;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards, and events as well as provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- Facilitate contests and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our website or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Who We Share Your Data With
We do not share your personal data with strangers. Personal data about you is, however, provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We currently share your data with:
- When you participate on this website (by commenting, etc.), certain information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and other information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of this website or others;
- With your consent or at your direction.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
We retain personal data only as long as it is reasonably necessary for the functionality of this website as well as sending you weekly updates/emails. You may request that we delete your data at any time. However, note that we cannot control the retention policies of third parties. If you wish to have any third parties, including those to whom we’ve transmitted your data, delete that data, you will need to contact those third parties directly.
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you.
Miscellaneous Security Information
Social Sharing Features
We may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. We do not target children with our services. If you are under age 16, do not access or use our website or related products or services. If you become aware that we have collected data from anyone under the age of 16, please contact us so that we may delete that data.
This website takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
What cookies do we use?
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works.
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you. For example, if you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
- Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
What purpose do these cookies serve?
First-party (IT Governance Ltd) Cookies
This website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are as follows:
- Visitor ID – This cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit.
- Page Number – This cookie identifies the page you are on.
- Session ID – This cookie identifies your website session.
- Test – This cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies.
Our websites will set several types of third-party cookie, and we do not control the operation of any of them. The third-party cookies which may be set include:
Our Contact Information
If you have any questions regarding these policies and/or the protection of your personal data, feel free to email us directly here.
If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the “Last Updated” date at the top of this policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as by adding a statement to our website or by sending you a notification).
Be sure to visit our Copyright and Disclosure page for more information about this website and our use of affiliate links.