7 Ways God Equips Us to Endure Struggles
In this world, we will have trouble. The Bible is clear that suffering doesn’t end when we come to Christ. If anything, our struggles have a way of increasing rather than decreasing. I’ve recently written about why we struggle and how we can rejoice in our suffering rather than be defeated by it. But as Christians, how are we called to endure struggles when we’re in the midst of them? Where do we find the strength?
*This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
As we face difficult times, it’s easy to give in and give up. The enemy has great plans for our struggles. He uses temptation and suffering to tear us down and render us ineffective for God.
The good news, however, is that God’s plans are much bigger!
He is able to use our difficult circumstances for our good. And not only can He turn our mourning into dancing, He is faithful in the midst of our struggles to bring us through to the other side.
The Bible tells us that as children of God, we have been equipped to handle anything life throws our way. Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4) The same power that raised Jesus from the dead now lives inside each and every one of us. (Romans 8:11) Jesus overcame the world, and we are now in Christ sharing in His victory. (John 16:33)
To say we have been equipped by God to endure the struggles of this life is a vast understatement.
- God provides for our needs and promises to be with us as we walk through dark times. We never have to endure difficulties on our own. (Psalm 23:1, 4)
- When we are weary, we can find rest in Christ Jesus. He longs to be our ultimate rest in both the good times and bad. (Matthew 11:28)
- We have a family of believers that we can rely on. This was God’s design from the beginning. He longs for us to encourage one another and build each other up in Him. He knows that this life can be hard and that we need each other. (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
- When we are tempted to give up in defeat, God always provides a way out of that temptation. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
- We are given the strength we need to live the life God has called us to, even when we feel too weak to carry it out. The Holy Spirit is the source of that strength. (2 Corinthians 12:8-10)
- We find mercy and grace as we boldly approach the throne. As children of God, we can boldly approach our Father in times of need. (Hebrews 4:14-16)
- We are promised a glorious future – a hope we can rely on. This hope will give us the strength we need to endure anything this life tries to throw our way. (Revelation 21:4)
Sometimes our struggles seem bigger than us, but our God so much bigger than our struggles! And Jesus… our Savior and King… has overcome the world!
We can rest in knowing that God has equipped us with everything we need to endure struggles in this life.
*Unless otherwise indicated, scripture quotations taken from the NASB.
**Photo by Daniel Irmler at ChristianPics.co