So much of our Christian faith is just that… faith. And let’s be honest, trusting God in a culture that believes nothing to be true that can’t be studied or examined using our five senses can be difficult. Some may think we are crazy for praying to an “invisible” God and believing that Jesus is King of kings. But those of us who know the truth, know it because God has revealed Himself to us in some way. He has proven Himself to be real and true in our lives.
*This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
As children of God, the truth about Jesus is the very foundation of who we are. But even then, faith can sometimes be shaken. We have a very real enemy who is always trying to convince us to doubt.
Here are 10 Bible verses that will strengthen your faith:
- Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the men of old gained approval. – Hebrews 11:1-2
- What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him? …Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself. – James 2:14, 17
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. – Proverbs 3:5-6
- Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” – Matthew 21:21-22 (NIV)
- You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. – James 2:19-22 (NIV)
- Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He will do it. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light and your judgment as the noonday. – Psalm 37:5-6
- …For truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. – Matthew 17:20
- So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. – Galatians 3:26-27 (NIV)
- For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “But the righteous man shall live by faith.” – Romans 1:16-17
- Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. – Romans 10:17 (NIV)
Faith is the assurance of things not seen… the conviction that God is who He says He is and that you are His child when you place your trust in Him.
Join us for the month of August as we take a closer look at what it means to have faith in Jesus! Click on the graphic below (or HERE) to download this month’s Bible reading plan!
*Unless otherwise indicated, Scripture quotations taken from the NASB.