The love of God is… How would you finish that sentence? Perhaps you would quote a Scripture verse from the Bible or maybe you would describe it as amazing or endless. But if you’re anything like me, you probably need to be reminded from time to time just how awesome God’s love truly is. We know it in our heads, but we often fail to let it impact our hearts on a day-to-day basis.
When it comes to verses about the love of God, the Bible is full of them. Because in the end, He IS love. It is the essence of who He is and all He has done on this earth for mankind.
*This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
So in case you need a reminder of just how much God loves you, here are 10 Bible verses about the love of God:
- But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. – Romans 5:8
- “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.” – John 3:16-17
- But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit. – Titus 3:4-5
- But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Romans 8:37-39
- See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. – 1 John 3:1
- But You, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness and truth. – Psalm 86:15
- “For the mountains may be removed and the hills may shake, but My lovingkindness will not be removed from you, and My covenant of peace will not be shaken,” says the Lord who has compassion on you. – Isaiah 54:10
- Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments. – Deuteronomy 7:9
- By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. – 1 John 4:9-11
- “Can a woman forget her nursing child and have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, but I will not forget you. Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before Me.” – Isaiah 49:15-16
For God so loved the world…
Join us in the month of February as we study the love of God! Click on the graphic below (or HERE) to join our weekly newsletter and download this month’s Bible reading plan!
*Unless otherwise indicated, Scripture quotations taken from the NASB.