We all crave peace in our lives. No one enjoys chaos and unrest. So we attempt to find it any way we can. We try to make some alone time for ourselves, take warm bubble baths, minimize our schedules, take vacations, etc. But in the end, do we really feel any more at peace? And what happens when life throws us a curve ball? Everything we do to try to find peace in our lives only lasts for so long. Sooner or later, that “peace” runs out and we are off trying to find peace some other way. The truth is that we need the peace of God in our lives. Only His peace surpasses all understanding. And only in Him can we be at peace even in the midst of trying times.
*This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
So in case you need the peace of God in your life (and we all certainly do!) here are 10 Bible verses that remind us just how amazing His peace truly is:
- “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” – John 16:33
- Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:6-7
- The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, because he trusts in You. – Isaiah 26:3
- In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You alone, O Lord, make me to dwell in safety. – Psalm 4:8
- Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. – Colossians 3:15
- For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace. – Romans 8:6
- For, “The one who desires life, to love and see good days, must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit. He must turn away from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it.” – 1 Peter 3:10-11
- Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. – Philippians 4:8-9
- But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. – James 3:17-18
- Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance. The Lord be with you all! – 2 Thessalonians 3:16
If you need the peace of God in your life, never forget that you have the Holy Spirit living inside of you.
Join us in the month of March as we study the peace of God! Click on the graphic below (or HERE) to join our weekly newsletter and download this month’s Bible reading plan!
*Unless otherwise indicated, Scripture quotations taken from the NASB.