10 Bible Verses that Proclaim Your Freedom in Jesus
Do you ever feel stuck or trapped in your circumstances? We all crave freedom in our lives. In fact, it was the desire for freedom that inspired the beginnings of our great nation. But freedom goes beyond our rights to worship and free speech. Jesus died to set us free from sin, death, and the corruption of this world. And when you surrender your heart to Him, your freedom in Jesus is secure for all eternity.
*This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Here are 10 Bible verses that proclaim your freedom in Jesus:
- The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to captives and freedom to prisoners. – Isaiah 61:1
- For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. – Colossians 1:13-14
- Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives. – Hebrews 2:14-15
- But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Romans 6:22-23
- Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. – 2 Peter 1:4 (NIV)
- It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery. – Galatians 5:1
- Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. – 2 Corinthians 3:17
- God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land. – Psalm 68:6 (NIV)
- For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin—because anyone who has died has been set free from sin. – Romans 6:6-7 (NIV)
- For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. – Romans 8:20-21
Once a slave to sin and darkness, as children of God, our freedom in Jesus is secure and cannot be taken away from us.
Join us for the month of July as we study our freedom in Christ! Click on the graphic below (or HERE) to download this month’s Bible reading plan!
*Unless otherwise indicated, Scripture quotations taken from the NASB.
**Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash.